eRx is the system to be used for entering allergies and medications for EVERY patient (to include EM, screening, patients of record). It is also used to prescribe medications in any clinic at the dental school.
Common prescriptions in the dental school clinics: acyclovir, Prevident, Norco, antibiotics, etc.
- From EHR, click "Medications" tab
- Click "New" (+) to open eRx.
- "Manage Allergies"
- Common allergies: penicillin, sulfa drugs, codeine, etc.
- Allergies will automatically populate "Alerts" box in axiUm patient chart (top right corner).
Adding current medications:
- Within eRx: "Manage Meds" at top of page.
- Search free text of medication, then select the desired medication. Click "Continue" at bottom of page to add each medication to the patient's list.
- If patient does not know dosages or medication cannot be found in the system, type in free text box and click "add as free text".
- Medications will automatically populate "Alerts" box in axiUm patient chart (top right corner).
- Within eRx: "Prescribe" at top of page.
- Search free text of medication, then select the desired medication.
- A drop-down menu will allow you to select common dosages and patient instructions.
- Be sure to add faculty's name as the prescriber, selected from the drop-down menu.
- Click "Continue" to view copy of prescription.
- Close eRx, and re-enter as "axiUm eRx Authorized User Sign-In" -- faculty must swipe in to authorize and print prescription.
- After prescription prints, faculty must physically sign it before giving to patient.