"Floating" Perio Faculty
The Perio Department has periodically employed the use of a "floating" periodontist for certain procedures completed in Comp Care chairs in clinic. As of Spring 2017, the use of a perio floater was permitted and could be utilized as follows:
The perio floater is on-call Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. This arrangement is to accommodate for 4 comprehensive perio exams and 2 consults. No competencies, procedures or perio phase 1 re-evaluations can be planned with the floater. Competencies can only be challenged with faculty on the floor. If you need to schedule a perio phase 1 re-eval, you can book a hygienist chair and a periodontist will examine and complete the procedure for you...
If you are scheduling for a floater, please make sure that you are not booked in a hygiene chair. You can be physically in any clinic, but not with a hygienist. Appointments for the floater, if available, can be taken until 11:00 in the AM session and 4:00 in the PM session.
To schedule the perio floater:
- Go to the personal planner. From the first screen, go to the “User Forms” icon.
- After clicking on the icon, click the folder with a plus icon
to add a new form. The only form you will be able to choose will be the Perio Floater Request Form. Click OK.
- Complete the form with the information required to request a floater. You do not need to get faculty approval for this form.
- When you get to the “Available” field. Click on the “Calculate” button and axiUm will then look to see if there is a perio floater available for the session and reason you are requesting.
- If approved, the perio floater will then pull reports daily containing the information for all of their requests.
For a screenshot of where to find the perio floater request form in axiUm, click on the link below: