The University of Colorado School of Dental Medicine
Since our chapter is located at the University of Colorado School of Dental Medicine, we are able to give you an exclusive view into our school. Below, you’ll find information for our school and ways that we can help you successfully apply to CU!
The following is taken directly from our prospective student page. The basic requirement for admission to the University of Colorado School of Dental Medicine is the completion of at least 90 semester hours or the equivalent, with at least 30 hours of upper-division for a letter grade. Credit hours from a community/junior college are limited to no more than 60 semester hours. High School Advanced Placement (AP) courses will be counted for prerequisite course work, and will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis. Prerequisite courses require a grade of C or better. All coursework must be completed at the conclusion of the spring term of the year accepted. Click HERE for description of the prerequisite courses.
- General Biology or Zoology with Lab (8 semester hours/12 quarter hours)
- General Chemistry with Lab (8 semester hours/12 quarter hours)
- Organic Chemistry with Lab (8 semester hours/12 quarter hours)
- General Physics with Lab, algebra OR calculus-based (8 semester hours/12 quarter hours)
- Microbiology, Lab NOT required (3 semester hours/5 quarter hours)
- General Biochemistry, Lab NOT required (3 semester hours/5 quarter hours)
- English Composition (3 semester hours/5 quarter hours)
Each applicant’s scholastic record will be evaluated on its own merit, however, the School of Dental Medicine reserves the right to review transcripts and make the final determination as to course and requirement suitability.
Suggested Electives: Courses to consider include anatomy, cell biology, histology, immunology, physiology, business management/finance, psychology and communications. Courses may be in a single area with a general background in many areas, or may group together several related areas in the sciences or humanities.
Applicants must apply through the American Dental Education Association (ADEA) application service. Applications may be filed beginning June 1 of the year preceding admission. The latest filing date is November 15. While a rolling admissions process is utilized, which may extend acceptances through March of the admission cycle year, early application is strongly encouraged as acceptances are offered as early as December 1. Only completed applications are reviewed. Please send the following directly to ADEA:
- Completed AADSAS application
- Official transcripts from all colleges, universities, and professional schools you attended
- Letters of recommendation: 2 letters from science instructors AND one letter from a non-science instructor, dentist you shadowed or employer OR Pre-Dental Committee letter (must include two science instructors)
- $25.00 application fee is due with the application; a separate e-mail will be sent out with instructions on how to submit payment
- Supplemental materials are required only upon request
- A minimum of 50 hours of dental shadowing are required
Once the completed application has been reviewed by the Office of Admissions, the applicant may be invited to campus for a formal interview and tour of our school.
If you have any questions regarding admission requirements and procedures, please contact the CU Office of Admissions at (303) 724-7122 or DDSadmissioninquiries@ucdenver.edu
For more information about our school’s application requirements, click HERE to visit their website!
Applying to dental school is hard enough, don’t be intimidated by our campus. Fill out the form below to request a campus tour from one of our ASDA members!
Fields marked with a * are required