Important information: There is no longer a minimum requirement to challenge your SRP competency. When you feel competent you may challenge. All Perio Competency sheets may be found in the East Clinic near the coordinators suite.
- First: does the patient have a 9A form approved by a periodontist for the SRP?
- Scaling and root planing 4 teeth per quad code is D4341
- Scaling and root planing 1-3 teeth per quad is D4342
- You must record a plaque index prior to beginning the SRP
- Pocket depths of 5mm or greater are indications for SRP
- With a Medicaid patient all SRPs must have a PAR form prior to starting
Materials Needed: -Piezo or Cavitron -Disclosing Solution -Perio Cassette -Perio Files -Anesthetic (topical and local) -Local Anesthetic Syringe